Saturday, January 19, 2013

A kind of Beautiful

Today I want to share with you a special canvas I made for a special friend of mine.....

She always Jokes about Beauty so I had to go looking for just the right Phrase to use on it.  With the help of another friend we found the phrase BE YOUR OWN KIND OF BEAUTIFUL .

I took a plain Canvas and with a bit of texture paste and a Maya Road template I created a textured background.

Some antique white paint, then a metallic pink that I washed over it to collect in the the texture.  I then sprayed some mists over the top to get the right colour.

I decided it needed a heart and wings.  So I covered the Heart with calico and thn cheesecloth.  I sprayed sooo many mists over it to get the colour i wanted.  I embossed the wings and again a Metallic pain in a pink colour.  PINK is her favourite colour. 

I printed the phrase straight onto calico which i placed on some card with some wadding behind it.

Here is the finished product




 
 
Gave it to my friend yesterday and she LOVED it......:)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.. I hope to get come creating done this weekend so I will have some more to share with you
 
XX
 
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. gorgeous, loved reading about the techniques you used, tks for sharing. I've never thought to print to calico, it didn't give you any problems going through the printer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Lesley..I hadnt tried it before either. I printed on plain paper first then stuck the piece of calico to the paper so the print was aligned correctly. i used double sided tape for this

    ReplyDelete